söndag 19 augusti 2012

Ugly truth or beautiful lie?

Almost as far back as I can remember, anorexia and bulimia have had me in a tight grip. I have spent years and years of my life suffocating under these illnesses and the ideals of beauty and body that I so hard tried to achieve. After having to quit college a second time, and spent two long visits at two different treatment centers I have now made a commitment.
As of today I will treat my body and soul the way it deserves, and I will finish my college studies in physical therapy. I will blog about my experiences as a former eating-disordered young woman and I will try to push everyone around me to a healthier place and find acceptance of who I am :-)

Follow me on this trip exploring the skinny ideals of today's world..Why are they the way they are? How can we accpet ourselves and our beautiful bodies and not give in for the pressure that today 's ideals are having on us? How can we prevent young people from falling into the same trap that I (and many with me) have fallen into? Are we going to let eating disorder prevalence rise or are we going to do something about it?

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar