söndag 7 oktober 2012

Ridiculous Ralph!

The fact that I grew up in a society where being thin and pretty is portrayed to be the most important thing in life, is on of the reasons to why I fell ill with anorexia. That is also why few things makes me more mad and sad than when pictures in advertising and media are altered and models made to look a way that is impossible to achieve!


Filippa Hamilton Ralph LaurenRalph Laurens ad campaign in 2009 almost made my morning coffe come out my nose (!) when I saw it in a magazine. The model Filippa Hamilton's waist had been photoshopped to insanity!

What ideal does this set for young women all over the world? How does a company like Ralph Lauren think a woman's body look like? Who could possibly be their customer?
 
The good thing to this story is that Filippa herself set her foot down and went to the press saying that she does not accept the photoshopping that was done. Very brave! The thanks from R.L? Well, she was fired soon after for being "overweight"...


Filippa is a brave woman and a whistleblower for healthy beauty and I think it is very strong to stand up to a large company and say; this is not me and I do not stand for this!






 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar